Thursday, 9 May, 0730 – 1500
OTC and the US National Energy Education Development (NEED) Project invite Houston-area classroom teachers (grades 4-12) to attend a free one-day, energy education workshop.
Educators will receive comprehensive, objective information about the scientific concepts of energy and its importance while discovering the world of oil and natural gas exploration and production. A variety of free instructional materials will be available to take back to the classroom.
- The last day to apply for the Energy Education Institute is 15 April.
- If you applied, you will be notified by 25 April via email if you have been
accepted to attend this year's conference.
- A keynote speaker presentation
- Technology tour of the world’s leading offshore oil and natural gas technology exhibitions
- Hands-on classroom activities with age-appropriate energy curriculum (all NEED learning activities and materials are correlated to the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills science standards)
Space is limited—only three applicants per school please. You will be notified by April 25 via e-mail if you have been accepted to attend this year's conference.
- There is no cost to attend the workshop thanks to a generous sponsorship from ExxonMobil.
- Teachers will receive a form at the end of the workshop for substitute reimbursement.
- Continental breakfast and lunch are provided.
- One parking pass will be mailed to each school represented.
If you are accepted and will be attending, please be prepared to show photo ID (passport or driver's license) to pick up your name badge.
For questions, email email@example.com or call +1.713.457.6840.
As the leading provider of energy education programs and materials to US schools, NEED’s mission is to promote an energy-conscious and educated society. All NEED learning activities are age-appropriate and correlated to Texas science standards and objectives, as well as other disciplines.